Salary: £20,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year
Having recently merged, combining our individual businesses Motorhog Ltd, Car Transplants Ltd, FAB Ltd and DH Systems Ltd to create SYNETIQ, getting our payroll right for our newly TUPE transferred 500 plus people is paramount.
We are looking for an experienced payroll administrator who has excellent understanding of Sage 50 and is an enthusiastic individual to deliver day to day Payroll tasks and support the Groupwide HR Team.
As part of the HR & Payroll Administration Team you’ll be responsible for:
- Checking people’s hours using our T & A system that have been authorised by Line Managers
- Processing multiple pay runs and end to end payroll accurately and on time for 500+ staff paid weekly and monthly
- Working out taxand national insurance deductions, pension, overtime and bonus payments
- Juggling a range of differing payroll agreements expected following a merger
- Supporting the HR function with general ad hoc admin duties
- Sharing information and assisting with training colleagues to cover you during holidays
- Covering for other colleagues during their holidays
- Managing new starters and leavers
- Issuing tax forms (P45s for example)
- Managing special situations likematernity or sickness pay
- Processing year end payroll and submitting in time
As Payroll Coordinator you will also have additional duties, you will be in charge of all things payroll so have to make sure the rest of the team are fully trained and up to date with the latest legal requirements so that the important function of payroll is never exposed to no competent contingency/cover.
You will also be involved with creating new payroll policies and procedures, reporting back to the Head of HR on process improvements and MI and ensuring all the relevant systems are fit for purpose. For the right person this is an excellent Development Opportunity,with scope to break into wider HR arena and coach other team colleagues on all things payroll.
It is expected that you will have the following skills/experience/attributes:
- Experienced payroll administrator who has dealt with aspects of payroll for the employee lifecycle
- Experience of SAGE 50 is essential
- Knowledge of T & A systems is ideal but not essential
- IT Literate: experience of using MS Office applications including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willing to learn new things and develop others
- Able to document and improve processes
- Certified Payroll Professional/Practitioner preferred but not essential
You will be working as part of a small team in a company who firmly believe in the people proposition, providing support and development opportunities to create an enjoyable, fun and productive working environment and a strong team culture.
This role is based at our Bentley Moor Lane site, Adwick, Doncaster, DN6 7BD.
Job Type: Full-time. Job Title: Payroll Administrator/Coordinator Sage 50
Salary: £20,000 – £25,000 depending on experience. 28 days holidays, Mon-Fri, 40 hours,free parking, easily accessible on public transport, excellent development opportunity.
Contact Natalie Buckley on 07796 673838 to discuss further.